HRi Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your access to and use of this website. By using this website, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
The intellectual property notice and disclaimer for HRi’s corporate website.
- Intellectual property
1.1 The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material and content on this site including photographs, and graphical images and the organisation and layout of the site is owned by the HRi and/or its licensors.
1.2 HRi is a registered trademark of HR Independents Ltd. Use of this mark and any other logos or marks belonging to HRI’S is strictly prohibited without our prior consent in writing.
1.3 You are permitted to access print and download extracts from this site on the following basis:-
- You will print one hard copy only from the website for non commercial or personal use only; any copies of these pages saved to disc or to any other storage medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print an individual extract or copy for non commercial personal use.
- No material on this site will be modified, adapted or altered in any way.
- You will not use the material on this site in any way which could infringe the intellectual property rights of HRi or its contributors
- No graphics or photographs on this site will be used separate from accompanying text; and
- The HRi copyright notice will appear in any copies.
1.4 No part of this site or HRi’s emails may be reproduced or stored in any other web site or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without HRi’s prior written permission.
1.5 Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
1.6 You are responsible for any contributions you may make to this site including but not limited to any feedback, blog comments or questions. Contributions must not:-
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty
- or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
1.7 By posting your contributions you confirm that all intellectual property rights in any content posted is yours and you grant to HRi a non exclusive worldwide perpetual royalty free licence to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate and distribute the content.
1.8 You agree to indemnify us for any cost, expenses damages or liabilities we may incur relating to your contributions. We reserve the right to remove or edit any contributions as we deem appropriate without notice.
- Service Access
2.1 Whilst HRi shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, HRi will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
2.2 Issues with downloading files are generally caused by the applications that call the content from the website, rather than the website itself. Make sure your Adobe reader software is up to date.
2.3 Access to this site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in circumstances of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the control of HRi.
3.1 The information contained on this site or in emails is for general guidance only. You should neither act, nor refrain from action, on the basis of any such information. You should take appropriate professional advice on your particular circumstances because the application of laws and regulations will vary depending on particular circumstances and because laws and regulations undergo frequent change.
3.2 Whilst HRi shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information on this site and in emails is correct, HRi shall not to the maximum extent allowed by applicable law be liable for any loss or damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any information contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such information.
3.3 Part of this site or emails may contain material submitted to HRi by third parties (including HRi’s members). Third parties are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this site complies with international and national law. HRi will not be responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy in the material submitted by third parties and reserves the right to omit, suspend or change the position of any material submitted. Any arrangements made between you and any third party named on this site/emails are at your sole risk and responsibility.
3.4 HRi accepts no responsibility for the availability or content on any site to which a hypertext link from this site/emails exists. The links are provided on an “as is” basis and HRI’S makes no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
- Usernames and Passwords
4.1 Certain parts of HRi’s site are restricted to members and our partners only.
4.2 You must not allow any other person to use your username or password. We reserve the right to remove access to restricted areas if we believe you are in breach of these terms.
4.3 If you believe your user details have been compromised we advise that you change your password immediately.
5.1 By accessing any part of this site, or opening emails, you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms in full.
5.2 These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
5.3 HRi has hosting agreement with third parties which allows us to provide materials for third parties on our site as well as links to the third party sites. We may also have arrangements with third parties which may allow them to provide links to our site.