Acceptable Use Policy
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our site, make contact with other users on our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way.
BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
1. Who we are and how to contact us
a. www.hrindependents.co.uk is a site operated by HR Independents Limited (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11992190 and have our registered office at 701 Stonehouse Park, Sperry Way, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, GL10 3UT.
b. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
c. By using our site, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
d. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future use.
2. There are other terms that may apply to you
b. We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our website please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
3. Prohibited uses
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
a. In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
b. In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
c. For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
d. To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
e. To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below).
f. To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
g. To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
You also agree:
h. Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our User Terms and Member Terms.
i. Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- Any part of our site;
- Any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- Any software used in the provision of our site; or
- Any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
4. Interactive services
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation, chat rooms and/or bulletin boards (Interactive Services). Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
5. Content standards
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinion).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material. Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or duty of confidence.
Promote any illegal content or activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us, if this is not the case. Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
6. Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of our User Terms and Member Terms upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
The terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.