Code of conduct
All HRi members must adhere to HRi’s Professional Code of Conduct to guide the professional and personal conduct of HRi members and/or its accreditation holders.
HRi Members shall:
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethical, professional and personal behaviour.
- Perform their duties with objectivity, due diligence and professional care, in accordance with professional standards and best practice.
- Maintain competency in their respective fields and agree to undertake only those activities they can reasonably expect to complete with the necessary skills, knowledge and competence.
- Run their businesses and practices in compliance with, appropriate legislation, standards and procedures for the effective governance and management of their practice.
- Serve in the interest of stakeholders in a lawful manner, while maintaining high standards of trust, conduct and character, and not discrediting their profession or HRi.
- Respectfully and dutifully challenge others if they suspect unlawful or unethical conduct or behaviour, taking action as appropriate.
- Lead by example, acting as role models for maintaining the highest levels of professional, personal and ethical standards.
- Positively encourage and influence professional decision making, enabling clients to achieve their objectives and goals.
- Be accountable and responsible for their professional actions and decisions, rectifying issues as soon as possible, informing the client of any likely impact to them and taking all reasonable steps to mitigate their loss/harm.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information obtained in the course of their activities unless disclosure is required by legal authority. Such information shall not be used for personal benefit or released to inappropriate parties.
Failure to comply with this Code of Professional Ethics can result in an investigation into a member’s or accredited practice’s conduct and, ultimately, in membership being ended and removal from our site.