Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness
October 11 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
About this event
1 in 3 people will experience miscarriage and 17 babies are stillborn every day in the UK.
Dr. Chantal Lockey joins us to discuss how pregnancy and infant loss affects families and what support is available.
We will take a look at how this can affect people in the workplace and what HR/ Organisations can do to help
The session will discuss and uncover a wide range of aspects around pregnancy and infant loss, including:
· Types of loss, grief and likely behaviours
· The emotional impact on families
· Sensitive communication- what to say? What not to say?
· Overview of Employers legal requirements
· Return to work planning and parents’ perspective of returning to work- what helped and what did not?
· Support available and organisations that can help
Dr. Chantal Lockney, CEO of Foundation for Infant Loss is a winner of The National NHS Awards 2019 “Special award” which celebrates unsung heroes in the NHS. The award highlights the Foundation’s training in Pregnancy and Infant Loss to the NHS.
Chantal was also awarded an Honorary Doctor of Science Award from The University of Bedfordshire for her work in infant loss education and reducing infant mortality.